Contrary to what many people believe, the bible is a book that covers subjects relevant for us living in a modern world. The principles of life we find in this old book are very up to date.
When it comes to the question about family – something very debated today, the bible is very clear on the purpose and calling for a family.
Bible verses about family
Let’s start with following verses:
• For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (Mar 10:7-9 KJV)
These family bible verses are showing us Gods purpose for the family in a nutshell. A man shall leave mother and father and shall create a new home with his wife. This bond is not to be broken. They shall commit to each other and when they do God will join them together and make them one. Not two, but one.
Today people take very light on this, they do not value the family bond that begins with marriage, as something holy and something to fight for and hold on to. The bible scriptures on the family we just read have been taken very seriously by believers all times, but today many just read the verses as some romantic wish, without any intention of really live it.
The results of that are broken families and broken people.
- ”What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (v9) One other translation put it this way: God has joined them together, so no one should separate them.” (Mar 10:9 ERV)
No one should separate them. It can not be expressed clearer than that! The Family is forever as someone said, and it starts with a marriage build on this belief that there is always a way to stay together; even if times get tough. Why? Because God who has created us want the family to be whole – He wants to protect that very special kind of love that you find in a family. He knows that broken families are hurting. Separation is not a solution. It only causes more hurt and more pain
Bible Verses On Family Love – Build The Family On Them
What is the solution, then? The solution is for families to seek Him who can keep the family together. He who created the family also have the love, the forgiveness, the humility, the kindness, the outgiving love and whatever it takes to keep a family stay together. He has it and will freely give it to any family that struggles! Bible verses about family and family love is still what every marriage should be built on.
The problem is; not that many are seeking that love and strength, and that is why families; husbands, wives and maybe most children today suffer inside that fellowship that should actually protect them.
- Paul is giving a way the solution in one simple sentence: Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (Eph 6:10 KJV)
Bible Verses On Family Love
- And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. (Jos. 24:15 KJV)
- But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. (1Ti 5:8 KJV)
- Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless, let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. (Eph 5:21-33 Marriage Bible Verses from KJV)
- Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. (1Pe 3:7 KJV)
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (Joh 13:34 KJV)
- As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
- These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (Joh 15:9-12 KJV)
If you want to know more about what the bible says I can warmly recommend these audio teachings: Find more bible verse on the family in these family series.
Read more Family Bible Verses here: