Easter is a wonderful reminder of the sacrifice Jesus did for us on Calvary. What happened at the cross is not only an important historical event; but something that has the potential to change our lives every day if we let it!
And there are many Easter bible verses that we can read. Here is one of them:
Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross. He did this so that we would stop living for sin and live for what is right. By his wounds, you were healed. (1Pe 2:24 ERV)
Jesus Defeated The Devil Easter Day
No other event has had such a crucial significance in history as the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ!
When the movie; ”The passion of the Christ” was shown in the cinemas; the story presented in the film made a strong impression on people. This is the best story in the whole world one famous, Swedish journalist declared on national TV.
And of course, it is, but it is more than the best story ever told…”The Story” will be life changing when we let Jesus who actually was risen from the dead the third day; come into our lives and change us!
When Jesus died on Calvary I took our sins, our debts, our sicknesses and all our infirmities on Himself. He took care of everything that the devil has brought into the world.
- 1 John.3: 8 ………..The Son of God came for this: to destroy the devil’s work (1Jn 3:8 ERV)
Think about it for a while; everything the devil did throw against us; Jesus has won the victory over. When Jesus gave His breath up – He cried out: “It is fulfilled”. His work was finished; all ours sins was now paid for and the possibility for us to see our lives restored is here.
Everything that the darkness is destroying in our lives can now be restored and renewed by the resurrection power of Jesus.
Fear of death is tormenting lots of people. Inside of most people, there is an uncertainty about the future and that what is beyond life, and that worry is real. Now Jesus has shown us that there is only one way to heaven and that way Jesus opened for us when He died on Calvary. If we believe in Jesus we have eternal life and do not need to fear the future.
Important Easter Bible Verses
- These children are people with physical bodies. So Jesus himself became like them and had the same experiences they have. Jesus did this so that, by dying, he could destroy the one who has the power of death–the devil. Jesus became like these people and died so that he could free them. They were like slaves all their lives because of their fear of death. (Heb 2:14-15 ERV)
If your soul is tortured by dark thinking and your hard circumstances, you have to remind yourself that Jesus died to help you get free from that. He was pained in his soul and because of that, he can heal your soul. He knows what it means to forgive those who have hurt you: While hanging on the cross He said: “Father, forgive them because they do not know what they are doing” – He prayed for those that killed Him!
- For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted. (Heb 2:18 KJV)
If your body needs healing, Jesus died for that also. The Bible verses tells us that the back of Jesus after being tortured looked like a plowed field:
- “They beat me until I had deep cuts. My back looked like a freshly plowed field. “ (Psa 129:3 ERV)
But Jesus suffered that so that we can be healed! Read these well-known bible verses about Easter from the prophecy given in Isaiah:
- The fact is, it was our suffering he took on himself; he bore our pain. But we thought that God was punishing him, that God was beating him for something he did. But he was being punished for what we did. He was crushed because of our guilt. He took the punishment we deserved, and this brought us peace. We were healed because of his pain. (Isa 53:4-5 ERV)
Receive the miracle of Easter!
There is nothing of problems and hardships in our lives that Jesus did not take on Himself when he died on Calvary. Nothing. Worries, pressure, sickness, fear, anger…everything is hanging there – nailed on the cross.
Receive the wonder of Easter – invite Jesus to take care of that what is paining you. He wants to make the Easter miracle to an everyday experience in your life!
Read more Easter Bible Verses here: